Monday, May 16, 2011

Things happening this Summer

If you wanted to know:
There are a bunch of interesting things happening this summer. If there were more of me, I would go to all of these events.

The Reba retreat - Candace is the main planner of this retreat for spiritual vitality and renewal. This year we're going to utilize the schedule outline of the Christian Ashram (props to E. Stanley Jones!) Happening this coming weekend.

Papa Fest near Pittsburgh PA. (Christian hippies camping and sharing and learning) - I can't make this one, but some friends will be there.

The Shalom Mission Communities Camp Meeting at Plow Creek fellowship in western Illinois. This is a small network of about five diverse Christian communities that meet for love and support. The camp meeting happens every other year, but our family hasn't made it before now. I look forward to seeing a lot of familiar faces, including good friends Billy and Kelly Lawson!

Wild Goose Fest near Durham NC. (Social Justice type Christians - larger thing than the Papa fest) - I was invited to go as a rep for Reba, but instead...

Asbury College class of 2001 reunion - Candace's friends will gather and we'll bring the kids to Wilmore KY. Most of our friends have moved from that little town, but there are still a few left.

Candace's sister Savanah's wedding - also happening near Wilmore KY, she will marry Scott from Ohio.

I hope some friends can come and see us here in the Chicago area in between our travels.
Maybe we'll be seeing you?

1 comment:

Kelly Efurd Lawson said...

Looking forward to SMC in August and seeing you guys! I wish I could join you guys in Wilmore. I miss that place on a regular basis.