Thursday, September 8, 2011

Goodbye Reba Jeanne

Hi Friends,
This has been another week of highs and lows. Jedidiah has been five for about a month. We finally had the time to hold a small birthday party for him at the park. Not all of his friends were able to make it, but several did, and it was good.
My beloved grandmother passed away at the age of 87 after a five year battle with Alzheimer's disease. She remained kind, gentile, loving and relational though her memories were inaccessible. My parents cared for her with the help of Da's sister, and assistance providers. She died on Labor Day - I'm told there are a hundred pairs of white shoes in her closet. Fitting, indeed.

A last note: as we approach the September 11th anniversary, I think the nation is becoming increasingly suspicious of war and retaliation because it costs us a lot of money, young men and women, political energy, national status and reputation... I take non-violence as a serious mark of faith. I found this article to be really insightful. Please read the link!
Peace.

No comments: